Aventuras

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

From Limestone Paradise to Granite Heaven


So the time has come for me to say goodbye to Spain, a limestone paradise. Most likely not forever, I'm sure there will be plenty of return trips to visit family and unforgettable friends. Still, there are so many things I will miss about this country in which I have lived for more than a fifth of my life. The beach, the never failing sun, seafood, paellas, all night and all day parties, world-class wine, 3pm siestas, endless sport climbing, and that famously optimistic "no-pasa-nada" attitude.

However, in life we must all work to make a living, have a family, and try to provide your family with more than what your family had provided you growing up. That is the way I was raised anyway.... sadly enough, after 5 years of trying, I doubt Spain can provide me that opportunity. So I will be moving back to the United States, to where I call home and to where I can be close to my family and hopefully have that opportunity. Furthermore, if karma or god or whatever exists, I was looked upon well for I will be going to granite heaven, Yosemite California!!


I will be embarking on a new career in the National Park Service, working for the US government will all its perks and downsides but with means to an end. I will start out as a Visitor Use Assistant at Yosemite's Big Oak Flat entrance attending to entrance fees, campground monitoring, visitor assistance, etc. etc. Dad is in Yosemite Valley only a mere 45 mins away.

I consider it a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I have no option but to make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, someday i gonna be there climbing with U!! my Friend!!

    ReplyDelete